ITS recommends that Banner be used with the latest version of Java runtime.
- Active WPI account
- Internet Explorer is the required browser for Banner Production using Java
- From off-campus the VPN is required to install Java
- In the Banner folder, open Java_for_Banner.
- Double click the file beginning with jre.
- If a Security Warning window appears asking Are you sure you want to run this file?, click Run.
- If a User Account Control windows appears asking whether to run this file, click Yes.
- In the Java Setup - Welcome window, click Install.
- If a Java Setup window Out-of-Date Java versions Detected window appears, click Uninstall to remove old files. When uninstall is complete, click Next.
- On the Java Setup - Complete window confirming the installation of Java, click Close.
ITS recommends selecting automatic Java updates as follows:
- In Windows Search, type configure Java.
- On the Java Control Panel, choose the Update tab.
- Select Check for Updates Automatically.
- Click Apply.
- Click OK.