Some software deployment and removal can be performed through an application called Software Center, which is automatically installed on IT-managed WPI computers. Once opened, Software Center displays the programs that are available to install. Software availability is determined by WPI IT.
- Active WPI account
- WPI IT-Managed Domain-Joined computer
- Access to WPI Network or use of the VPN
- Use Windows Search to find Software Center
- Open Software Center
- Open the Applications tab,
- Scroll through or search for and click on the desired application
- Click Install
- The application appears in the Installation Status tab as it begins installing, with the percentage indicating progress. Software Center can be closed; installation will continue.
- Once installation is complete, the Installation Status tab will display the application as Installed and the application should appear in the Start Menu.
The application will begin to install and you can track its progress. Software Center can be closed and the application will continue to install.
Once the installation is complete, the Installation Status will display Installed and you can find the application in the Windows Search.