Office 365 Distribution Lists (also known as Distribution Groups) are generated using WPI data. These include lists of all employees, majors lists, and advising lists.
- The list name complies with the WPI Mailing List Policy
- The list name is prefixed with dl- for example: dl-voting-faculty
- Changes are performed by IT, including list creation, owner and moderator changes, and list deletion
- These lists are not visible in the Global Address List (GAL) to maintain privacy.
- Distribution Lists created from mailinglists that existed prior to August 2018 will receive mail sent to the new address firstname.lastname@example.org as well as the prior address email@example.com.
- Existing lists may have one or more moderators.