- Active WPI username and password
- Access to the Ricoh Printer
- Open Printers and Scanners from System Preferences
- Click the + Sign to add a new printer
- Select Advanced
- Update the following in the Advanced Options:
- Type: Windows Printer via spoolss
- Device: Another Device
- URL: smb://printers.wpi.edu/QUEUENAME
- Name: QUEUENAME
- Use: Lanier MP C4504ex PS or Ricoh MP C4504ex PS
- From the dropdown, choose Select Software
- In the Search field, type C4504
- If the C4504ex PS driver does not populate, install from Ricoh's support site
- Select Add
- Print a test document - enter your WPI username and password when prompted
- Check Remember my credentials so password entry is not required each time you print
Add Advanced to Toolbar
- Press Control and click in the toolbar area
- Select Customize toolbar
- Drag the Advanced icon up to the toolbar
Hold for Authentication Error
This error typically indicates the password associated with the username is not correct. If a password was mistyped on entry or if an old password exists in your keychain, you will receive this error.
Keychain entries are saved username/password combinations. They are associated with a specific login type. When you Remember my credentials when printing, this creates a keychain entry associated with WPI Printers.
Unfortunately, not all keychain entries are the same, so we recommend:
- Open Keychain or Keychain Access
- Under the Keychains, choose "login"
- Under the Category, choose "passwords"
- Scroll through the entries searching for:
- Once found, right click (or two-finger click) and choose Delete
This will allow you to re-enter your credentials when you go to print.