Banner 9 Administrative Pages is now live at WPI. Banner 8 INB Forms will no longer be available as of June 1, 2020.
If you use Banner Self-Service (BannerWeb), you will not see any change.
The links to Banner 9 training and production environments are available on the ITS App Marketplace. Please see instructions on how to access Banner 9.
What is Banner 9 Administrative Pages?
It is the new user interface for administrative users, replacing Banner 8 INB Forms.
Why do we need to move to Banner 9?
Banner 8 INB Forms is no longer supported by Ellucian as of January 1, 2020. Since we will continue to use Banner until Workday Student goes live in 2021, WPI is migrating to the fully supported administrative user interface.
How do I access Banner 9?
See the Suggested Article below for Accessing Banner 9 Administrative Pages.
Can I use a Mac?
Which web browser should I use?
Banner 9 Administrative Pages supports most modern web browsers. Please note: Internet Explorer is not recommended.
What will change?
- The look and feel of the user interface has been modernized.
- The welcome screen offers a “Google-like” search experience.
- The unified navigation menu provides new ways to find the page you’re looking for.
What will remain the same?
Banner 9 Administrative Pages is only replacing Banner 8 INB Forms. All jobs and processes that currently run will not be impacted. Banner Self-Service (BannerWeb) will not change.
Do I need a VPN connection for Banner 9?
Only if you are trying to access Banner 9 pages from off-campus.
Can I run multiple instances of Banner Admin Pages within Application Navigator?
Yes, either within the same web browser or different browsers.
What do I do if I get an error with Application Navigator? How do I continue?
- Read the error message and follow any instructions provided.
- Ensure your web browser is not blocking pop-ups. See Web Browser Troubleshooting for more information.
- Use the back arrow on your web browser to return to the previous page.
- Clear your browser cache or open a new private browsing tab.
I'm getting an "Invalid user name or password" error. What should I do?
Restart your browser, or close the tab and try logging in again.
What is the My Banner link on the Application Navigator menu?
This is where you can quickly access the Banner pages you use most often. You can use GUAPMNU to create these favorites.