Edit a Group
- Log into
https://portal.office.comin a web browser and open the Outlook application.
- On the left pane, choose the Group you would like to edit.
- In the group, click the three horizontal dots and then choose the Settings option.
- Make desired changes from the right-side panel that appears. You will be able to set it so that:
- All emails sent to the group arrive in your inbox
- Replies to your messages and group events are sent to your inbox
- Only replies to your messages are sent to your inbox
- No group messages are sent to your inbox
- Edit Group opens additional group settings (Owners only)
- Leave Group allows you to leave the group
Advanced Group Options for Owners
Select the Edit Groups option in the group's Settings to make the following changes:
- Selecting the photo icon will allow you to change the display image for the group.
- Changing the Group Name will allow you to change the display name for the group. This will not change the email address for the group.
- Changing the Group Description will provide information about the group.
- You can change the Privacy Options for the group. Setting it to Private will ensure that only group members can see the content in the group. The Public option will make the group available to the community.
- You can change the Language for group-related notifications for the group.
- The Let people outside the organization email the group option changes who is allowed to send messages to the Group. If unchecked, then only WPI community members will be allowed to send messages to the group.
- Sending all group conversations and events to members' inboxes will allow for messages and event notifications to be delivered directly to members' Inbox.
- Be sure to Save any changes you make.
- You can also Delete the group entirely which will also delete communications and files associated with the group.