- Click the Start menu button.
- Search for Command Prompt and select the option that appears.
- A black box will pop up. Type the following and hit Enter:
The hostname of the computer will be printed on the next line
Not Logged In
If you are unable to log in to a machine, but it powers on and can display the login screen:
- Press Control + Alt + Delete together to bring up the sign in page.
- In the username field, type: .\
The text below the Password field will change. It should say Log on to: hostname