You must have a ssh client installed to access the Linux terminal server. WPI recommends using PuTTY.
While the WPI Network, whether on campus, or through the VPN, is not a requirement, WPI recommends connecting to the WPI network when working on WPI resources.
- Open PuTTY
- Enter the following hostname:
- Ensure the connection type is
- Press Open
- In the login as: window, input your WPI Username and press Enter/Return
- Input your WPI Password and press Enter/Return
- Note: No characters will show up on the screen as you input your password. That is normal!