What is a career fair?
A career fair is an event put on to allow for students seeking internship, co-op, or full-time employment opportunities to connect with employees looking to hire them!
How to Prepare:
- Pre-register for the career fair event
- Research the companies that are attending
- Decide who you want to meet and talk with
- Prepare and print your resumes
- Create and practice your elevator pitch
Day of Career Fair
- Be confident when introducing yourself with a firm handshake
- Take notes after talking to a company so you can remember your conversation
- Ask for a business card or an email from the employer
After the Career Fair
- Follow up with the companies you spoke with, thank them for their time and see what the next steps are
- Continue to network
Try to make sure that you are not leaving one conversation without the promise of another future one!