- Active WPI account
- Student WPI ID number
- Approvals from a supervisor and Information Analyst
- Supervisor emails firstname.lastname@example.org to request access
When to Request IT Access for Student Workers
A request is needed if a student employee needs access to:
- Computer restrictions by location and/or time
- Departmental business network shares with Personal Identifiable Information (PII), sensitive information, confidential business data
- Other specialized department systems
A request is not needed to:
- Access department network shares ending in _ws. These shares should not contain PII, sensitive, or confidential data.
- Continue current student employee access to the next semester. Continue access using Request Help to submit request prior to expiration at semester's end.
Length of Access:
For A and B terms, access will expire at the end of the last week of B term. Please contact IT during December to continue access for C and D terms.
For C and D Terms, access will expire at the end of the last week of D term. Please contact IT during April to continue access into the summer term.
For the summer term, access will expire on the last week before A term. Please contact IT during April to continue access for A and B terms.