Create Job Requisition
To start, type Create Job Requisition in your Workday search bar or go to My Team worklet under Actions column and select Create Job Requisition
Input the following information and click OK:
- Supervisory Organization (will auto-populate
though you can edit as needed)
- Select an organization with the -JM suffix
- Please email firstname.lastname@example.org if you cannot find the Supervisory Organization that you need
- Worker Type auto-populates with Employee
- Supervisory Organization (will auto-populate though you can edit as needed)
Press the edit icon button and input information for the following and press Next:
Number of Openings
Field used primarily if filling temporary job requisition with multiple hires, specify the number.
If the reason is to replace an existing employee, the Reason For field should also be entered. If new position, select Temporary Hire
This information informs the recruiter how to post the job (internally and/or externally)
Recruiting Start Date
Date the posting should become public
Target Hire Date
Desired date for the new employee to complete the hiring process
Target End Date
This is a required field for temporary, seasonal and adjunct positions
Press the edit icon button to input required fields and press Next.
The Justification is a required field. Explain why the requisition is needed.
Enter a Job Description – advertisement
Job Profile – Type Temporary for a temporary/seasonal posting and choose whether it is an hourly, salary or period activity pay (PAP)
- Type Adjunct for an adjunct posting and select whether it is an Instructor/Lecturer or adjunct Teaching Professor
Worker Sub-Type – Should be set to Temporary and Time Type should be set to Part time
Primary Location – type Worcester
Qualifications, Organizations, Attachments, and Summary
Inputting Qualifications are an optional field. They can be added by pressing Add under the desired section. When Qualifications have been added, press Next.
Organizations information will auto-populate based on the position. If they need to be changed, press the edit icon. After all selections are made, press Next.
The Attachments screen allows the option to add pertinent documents for the job requisition. After adding any attachments, press Next.
Fully read and review the Job Requisition. Use the edit icon to make any necessary changes. When the requisition has been validated, press Submit.
Request Requisition Compensation
Compensation will auto-populate in the Request Requisition Compensation step. If editing is required:
- After creating the Job Requisition you may be prompted immediately in the Up Next section. If prompted press Open.
- A task may become available in your Workday Inbox
- Scroll to the Salary or Hourly sections (depending on the Job Type) and press the edit (pencil) icon.
- Enter the required fields and Submit.
Post Job – Primary Recruiter
A Primary Recruiter will be assigned to the Job Requisition. If the Job Requisition includes a Recruiting Instruction of Post Externally and/or Internally, the Primary Recruiter will have the option to Post Job.
Managers can contact the Primary Recruiter to request additional advertising source or add comments on the Job Requisition.Search Committee?