There are two options you may use to reset your WPI password. For either option, it may take up to thirty minutes for WPI systems, including email, to allow access using your new password.
Self Service Password Reset
If you have already established your authentication methods for the Self-Service Password Reset (SSPR) feature, please navigate to the Reset WPI Password action to change your password.
If you are unsure if you have configured authentication methods, navigate to the Update and Define Verification Methods action. If authentication is not yet configured, you will be prompted to set it up.
- Access to a non-WPI email account and a phone (mobile or office)
- Authentication Methods Configured
Configure Authentication Methods
To enable this service, you must first define your verification methods. Follow instructions to Update and Define Verification Methods for a Phone Number and Email.
With Verification Methods in place, you will be setup to use Self-Service Password Reset.
- Go to the Reset WPI Password link
- Enter your WPI email address where it asks for your User ID
- Enter the given CAPTCHA code
- Select the contact method you would prefer to use to verify your identity
- Type your code provided in the box that appears and click Next
- Input the new desired password
- Confirm the new password and select Finish
Update Password Reminder
If you need to change your password, you will need to ensure that your new password is changed anywhere you may have it saved. Common locations where passwords are saved include:
- Email clients on all devices
- Canvas App
- VPN Client
- Keychain on an OSX device
Failure to update your password in all stored locations may trigger security lockout protocols.
Enable Phone Sign-In
You can enable phone sign-in on your device through the Microsoft Authenticator application. This will allow you to login to your account without entering a password. To do so:
- Open the Microsoft Authenticator application on your device
- Select the Set up phone sign-in option
- Click Continue to register your device
- You will need to enable a lock screen with a PIN, password, fingerprint, or pattern before you can use this sign-in method
- Enter your password and authenticate
- Register your device