WPI Community members who have installed WPI wireless certificates will have eduroam configured on their device. This will allow a connection as a guest to wireless networks at participating eduroam institutions without obtaining additional credentials. Acceptable Use Policies and other restrictions may be imposed by the participating institutions.
While connecting via eduroam is convenient, it does not guarantee the same security as when connected to the WPI network. When working remotely, ITS recommends using the WPI VPN.
Prior to leaving WPI:
- eduroam must be configured on your device:
- eduroam is automatically configured when the WPI Wireless certificates are installed. To prevent issues with eduroam while away from campus, reinstall the certificates on your personal device before traveling to maintain access.
- eduroam is automatically configured to WPI managed computers joined to the ADMIN domain. The wireless certificates will not need to be installed.
- WPI username and password must be known
- WPI credentials and/or account must be active (not expired or disabled)