Through Microsoft Office 365 (O365), OneDrive cloud file storage is available to WPI account holders. Store personal, academic, or business files and share them internally or with external users.
- WPI account holders are provisioned 1TB worth of cloud storage
- Share with internal and external users
- Use an online web platform or local device application and file folder structure
- Easy access to view and edit your files from all devices
- Files are protected and backed up
It is important WPI account holders are adhering to our standards and policies regarding data storage.
Restricted Use Data cannot be stored in OneDrive. Any files containing sensitive data such as social security numbers, credit card numbers, or confidential information, should instead be stored in your My_Documents storage drive in accordance with the Data Classification Policy.
IT recommends reviewing the WPI Data Classification Policy prior to storing files in your OneDrive.
There are multiple ways to access your OneDrive storage. OneDrive can be access through the web or through a desktop application. You can View OneDrive App to add and open OneDrive for the web through the Hub.
Install and Access the Desktop Application
To install and access the OneDrive desktop application:
- View OneDrive App and then open OneDrive for the web.
- In the bottom left corner, select Get the OneDrive apps.
- Follow the installation steps.
- Once installation is complete, login to OneDrive with your WPI credentials.