Through Microsoft (Office) 365, OneDrive cloud file storage is available to WPI account holders. Storage is provisioned to each individual, and here you can store individual academic, or business files and share them internally or with external users.
- WPI account holders are provisioned 1TB worth of cloud storage
- Share with internal and external users
- Use an online web platform or local device application and file folder structure
- Easy access to view and edit your files from all devices
- Files are protected and backed up
- Simple file recovery process (Restore Previous Version in Actions and Recover Deleted File inRelated Articles)
It is important that WPI account holders adhere to WPI standards and policies regarding data storage. IT recommends reviewing the WPI Data Classification Policy.
There are multiple ways to access your OneDrive storage.
Visit Microsoft 365 online at
https: myapps.microsoft.com(linked in Actions) to open the OneDrive web application from any web browser.
In My Apps, select OneDrive. (Instructions to Add Apps to Hub Homepage in Related Article.)Install
Open OneDrive - Worcester Polytechnic Institute in File Explorer, or use the OneDrive cloud icon in the system tray (might need to click show hidden icons).
Open OneDrive - Worcester Polytechnic Institute in Finder.
How is OneDrive Related to SharePoint?
OneDrive is your individual storage (files can be shared).
SharePoint stores shared files, including those in Teams and Outlook Groups.
Both are stored in the Microsoft 365 cloud, and can be synced to your computer via OneDrive.
Save Files to OneDrive or SharePoint from Microsoft (Related Actions) has more details.