- Active WPI username and password
- Access to the Ricoh Printer (if applicable)
- From System Preferences, open Printers and Scanners
- Click the + sign to add a new printer
- Select Advanced. If there is no Advanced option:
- Press Control and click in the toolbar area
- Select Customize Toolbar
- Drag the Advanced icon up to the toolbar
- Update the following in the Advanced Options:
- Type: Windows Printer via spoolss
- Device: Another Device
- URL: smb://printers.wpi.edu/[QUEUENAME]?encryption=no
- Name: QUEUENAME
- RICOH Printer Drivers: If you are using the Self-Service portal, select the Install Ricoh Drivers or Install Ricoh IMC Drivers option. If not, select Lanier MP C4504ex PS or Ricoh MP C4504ex PS:
- From the dropdown, choose Select Software
- In the Search field, type C4504
- If the C4504ex PS driver does not populate, install from Ricoh's support site
- Pay-to-print and HP printers: Generic PostScript Printer
- Select Add
- Print a test document - enter your WPI username and password when prompted
- Check Remember my credentials so password entry is not required each time you print
Hold for Authentication Error
This error typically indicates the password associated with the username is not correct. If a password was mistyped on entry or if an old password exists in your keychain, you will receive this error.
Keychain entries are saved username/password combinations. They are associated with a specific login type. When you Remember my credentials when printing, this creates a keychain entry associated with WPI Printers.
Unfortunately, not all keychain entries are the same, so we recommend:
- Open Keychain or Keychain Access
- Under the Keychains, choose "login"
- Under the Category, choose "passwords"
- Scroll through the entries searching for:
- Once found, right click (or two-finger click) and choose Delete
This will allow you to re-enter your credentials when you go to print.