- Active WPI Account
- Faculty or Staff Affiliation
- Employees can request a SharePoint site on behalf of a student, but must remain an owner
When a Microsoft Office group is created, a Sharepoint website is automatically created that is tied to that group. To access the Sharepoint site after creating a group:
- Navigate to
outlook.office.comin a web browser.
- On the left side, select the group name.
- Click the three dots (...) beside the calendar icon.
- Select Site.
Users can also request SharePoint sites through IT Services. Send ITS the following information and ITS can create the SharePoint site:
- Desired Name
- List of Members (usernames)
- Business Case
- Public or Private
- Public: everyone in the organization can see the site
- Private: only members can see the site