These instructions have been validated for Android versions version 12 and earlier.
- Active WPI account
- Self Service Password Reset (SSPR) configured
- Proper date, time, and timezone set on device
- The JoinNow App must remain on the device after installation
- You must enable Location Data for the JoinNow App
- JoinNow will NOT use the data and your location will NOT be stored
- Ensure your device has a lock screen PIN or password
Android devices which have certificates installed and then are changed to None, Pattern, or Swipe may lose access to the certificate store. Especially Samsung devices, sometimes the only way to repair this issue is with a factory reset of the device.
When you connect your device to the WPI Wireless Network, you are installing wireless certificates to your device. These certificates expire one year after setup. If your device was previously connected to the network, but not working now, you may need to renew your certificates. To renew your certificate, you must go through the wireless setup process again.
- Connect to the WPI-Open wireless network.
- Open your web browser to
- Select Setup My WPI WiFi.
- Select Download.
- Please ensure that the proper device is selected and it is downloading through the Google Play Store (App)
- Once the application is downloaded, return to the WPI wireless setup page.
- Select JoinNow.
- Login with your WPI credentials.
- Follow the on-screen instructions.
- Reboot your device.
Once all steps have been completed you should be connected to the WPI Wireless network.
- Turn off mobile data and try running SecureW2 to make sure the device is connected to Wireless setup.
- If your Android Device continues to be redirected to the "Network Registration" page, there may be a caching issue. Turning off your device for 5 minutes may solve this issue.
- Samsung Devices - mostly prior to 2016 - occasionally have a "Credential Storage Password" which was not set by the user. If this is the case, the device will need to be factory reset to remove the password in order to install certificates.
- Certain older Android devices require certain passwords to install certificates. Please read the prompts - sometimes the password is your WPI Password and other times it is provided in the prompt. This is highly dependent on your device.