Both meeting hosts and meeting attendees must have the Teams application installed on their machines.
Host Web Conferencing Meeting
- Open the Microsoft Teams application
- Navigate to the Teams section in the left column and select the appropriate team
- Below the conversation section, click the camera icon entitled Meet now
- Give your meeting a title
- Other members of the team will need the application open and should select Join
- Members can be added to the meeting by:
- Going to the top right of the meeting window and selecting the Show participants pane and add people button.
- Enter the email address of the member that needs to be invited where it says Invite someone. They will need to have the Microsoft Teams application installed and open to join the meeting.
- During the meeting, select Show participants and choose Download attendee list if you need to save participant information (See Actions).
In addition to meetings in Microsoft Teams, with Audio Conferencing, meeting participants can join by a shared phone number.
Meeting organizers: you’ll need to enter your PIN to start your meeting when you’re the first person to join and you join by phone. As with any PIN, keep it confidential. You can reset your PIN via the reset PIN link that is included in your meeting invites or by contacting your Office 365 admin.
Meeting participants: check for an email from email@example.com with a conference phone number and PIN.
Teams Live Event (Webinar)
Teams can be used for a Live Event to bring together large numbers of participants. Details and instructions from Microsoft are in Actions Teams Live Event.