- Active WPI Account
- Internet Access
- Please allow 12 hours for the backup to complete, especially if you are backing up multiple gigabytes of data.
- Verify all your files have indeed backed up to the cloud by checking OneDrive online.
- OneDrive copies the folder structure in first, and then populates the folders with files.
- We recommend opening all folders to ensure files are indeed backed up.
Back Up Files to OneDrive Application
The OneDrive for Business Application must be installed and configured to your account to complete the backup to the Application.
- Locate the OneDrive for Business icon and click on it to open it.
- Click the More option.
- Select Manage Backup.
- Follow the on-screen prompts to backup your files.
Copy Files to OneDrive Online
- Open OneDrive Online.
- Login with your WPI Credentials.
- Create a folder structure you'd like to move your files into.
- Open File Explorer.
- Navigate to the folder that has locally saved documents.
- Select This PC for the most common folders.
- Click and hold the folder - drag it into your OneDrive folder.
- Repeat for all locally saved folders.
IT recommends verifying the following folders are checked and copied:
Oddly enough, DON'T USE EDGE! IT recommends setting Chrome or Firefox as your default browser prior to starting the backup.