B-term 2020 Classroom Locations
This installation is currently being piloted in FL 320 with plans to expand to more classrooms for C-term 2021 and beyond.
Shure Microphone Array: Microphones to capture in-room participant audio have been installed in the ceiling.
AVerCam520 Pro: Advanced video conference camera that points at the classroom seating to provide remote participants with a view of the in-room participants.
Configuring the System for use with Zoom
- Connect to your meeting using the Zoom desktop application.
- From Zoom, navigate to Video/Start Video > Video Settings and be sure AVer CAM520 Pro camera option is selected.
- Navigate to Audio Settings (via the microphone icon) and make sure the Speaker is set to ExtronScalerD (NVIDIA High Definition Audio) as shown.
- Still in Audio Settings, be sure the Echo Cancelling Speakerphone (DMP Plus USB#1) Microphone option is selected as shown.
Adjusting the Camera View
- Make sure you have the video shared in Zoom.
- From the desktop, launch the ECAM shortcut.
- Once the AVer PTZApp application launches, make sure the video preview is disabled. Because 2 applications cannot be using the camera at the same time, you'll preview your camera view changes in Zoom.
- In the AVerPTZApp application, use the arrows to adjust the panning/tiling of the camera or the Zoom In and Zoom Out buttons to adjust the camera view. Preview your changes in Zoom.