A Remote Desktop Connection to your computer at WPI allows access to applications used by that WPI computer.
- Permissions to remotely access the machine
- Hostname of the machine to remote into
- On-campus machine must be powered on and connected to the network
- WPI Network or use of the VPN if off-campus
- Open the Windows Start menu
- Search for and open Remote Desktop Connection
- Enter the hostname of your machine in the following format and press Connect:
- Enter your username as
ADMIN\usernameand enter your WPI password and press OK
- Press OK
When complete, be sure to log off of the machine. If off-campus, don't forget to disconnect from the VPN!