Canvas course site availability follows the term dates set by WPI. If an instructor would like to open a site early, keep it open longer, or add users after the term has ended, they may do this by following these instructions:
1) Go to the Canvas course site.
2) Click on Settings in the course navigation menu.
3) In the Course Details tab, scroll down to where it says "Participation:"
4) Click on "Term" and in the drop down menu that appears, select "Course."
4) Enter in the desired start/end dates for your course.
5) You may further restrict viewing your course site with the new dates you've chosen. Check off the boxes below that say "Restrict students from viewing course before start date" and/or "Restrict students from viewing course after end date."
6) When finished, scroll down and click the "Update Course Details" button.