The WPI Proxy server provides a mechanism for those off-campus community members to use WPI resources effectively. To help protect and maintain availability to these resources, this standard explains the following information:
- Proper use of WPI proxy server for the WPI community
- The ramifications of failing to follow this standard
This standard covers the WPI Proxy Service.
The WPI Proxy server has a number of uses for allowing off-campus community members to access WPI resources quickly and easily. Usually the proxy is for less-sensitive activities like browsing library resources.
Unfortunately, the WPI proxy server allows for users to appear anonymous, even if they are not to WPI administrators. The resource can also be overwhelmed by excessive load.
- Using this resource on-campus is prohibited.
- Downloading over 2 GB in a 24-hour period is prohibited
- Using the proxy server as a mechanism for other illegal activities or policy violations named or implied by the WPI Acceptable Use Policy or the WPI Code of Conduct.
Users may have their right to use WPI proxy servers limited and removed. A student's serious violation may be referred to the Dean of Students Office for resolution, which may include forwarding to the Campus Hearing Board (CHB).
Concerns, Comments, Questions
Please E-mail any concerns, comments, or questions to email@example.com.