This Week in Changes
This week CAB approved these 12 changes:
|11571||MQP/IQP survey data in AWS Redshift|
|11604||Patching: WebWork servers|
|11599||its.wpi.edu: update certificate|
|11600||Patching: ExLibris SFTP server|
|11607||Turn on Azure SSO & MFA to DocuSign|
|11603||EfficientIP DDI Upgrade to 6.0.2P9|
|11602||patching: CEMS production server|
|11576||Microsoft Critical and Security patches - April Test|
|11582||Migrate Window Endpoints to Endpoint Protection\Windows Defender|
|11580||Microsoft Critical and Security patches - April ProductionMicrosoft Critical and Security patches - April Production|
GitLab Updates Required ASAP
Thanks to the teams managing a Gitlab Community or Enterprise Edition who updated to the latest release. Because the latest Gitlab release includes important security fixes remaining instances require updates as soon as possible.
- Update to the latest release.
- Please add the system’s hostname to the list in Change Record 11511.
Weekly Top 5
How can Service Management enable remote work?
- Tracking! We still need to track issues, trends, and work. This keeps work flowing, and enables reporting on needs and response during this new way to work. So please continue entering tickets, tasks, and changes in Cherwell.
- It seems like we are doing a great job with remote communication tools! While these are great for collaborating, resisting the urge to use these tools in place of Cherwell helps ensure that items don't get lost in inboxes, chats, other tools, or conversations with just one person. With Cherwell, information is available to all the teams who need it.
- Articles enable self-help for the customer, and can detail specific steps for the front lines. The easier it is to get the customer to a resolution, the more time is available to practitioners for other work. If you need assistance with publishing articles, please don't hesitate to check in with ITS@wpi.edu.
- Congratulations on all of the changes made to enable D term academics and continued administrative work! As the pace settles (hopefully), entering all of these as Change Requests helps record the work of our teams and updates by vendors. Some may be emergency, out-of-cycle, or simply informational, some will be normal, all are important! Updating/closing existing changes is important, too!
- Participating in items #1-4 can allow you to worry a little less about staying connected to work 24/7. In this way Service Management can contribute to work/life balance as we navigate our remote journey!
For a conversation about providing service remotely, check out this article in HDI SupportWorld.ITSM from Afar
CAB via Zoom!
CAB is still taking place on Mondays at 11:00 am; we'd love to see you there!
11512 Pharos update
11517 Banner script update for 25live
11518 Ubuntu server patching in AK120d
11519 ITS WebApp 3.0.0 release
11521 Replace Traps on domain controllers
11522 Efficient IP upgrade
11524 WebWork upgrade