Follow the general process below for steps to complete to hire a new student worker member.
Hire New Student Process
- Coordinate with the Department Head to receive approval for the position.
- Search the student’s name in Workday to determine if there is a pre-hire record.
- If the student does not currently have a position, then go to Actions and click on Hire. If the student has a position, then go to Actions and click on Job Change and then Add Job.
- Choose your JM supervisory organization to hire the student.
- Complete the job details and the appropriate hiring information.
- Assign a Costing Allocation, if applicable.
- Review and approve the information entered. The request will then go to the HR Partner for approval.
- A Workday account will be created for student’s first job once all approvals are completed.
Note: An I-9 form task in Workday and ID verification must be completed within three business days of the student’s hire date.Hire Student Worker