Here you will find resources enabling participation in WPI courses. You may request assistance from Information Technology using the Get Support options at the bottom of this and all WPI Hub pages. As you proceed through the tasks, you are welcome to click the red button to check items off your list.
WPI Account Access and Onboarding
First Time Login
Information about how to access your account and set your password.
- Login to your email account with your WPI credentials.
- Install the Microsoft Authenticator application to verify your logins through Multi-Factor Authentication (MFA).
- Login to Workday to complete onboarding tasks and add contact information.
- Register for courses in Workday.
- Provide official transcripts.
Email and File Storage
Your account enables access to Microsoft 365, including applications such as Word, Excel, Teams, Forms, etc. Here you can:
- Open your WPI email with Outlook in Microsoft 365 using your WPI username and password.
- Save files using OneDrive, where WPI provides you 1 TB of storage space.
The Virtual Private Network (VPN) can be used to securely access WPI network resources from anywhere you have an internet connection. Through the VPN you can access terminal services and network shares.
- Review the Acceptable Use Policy which governs the use of the Virtual Private Network.
- Install and connect to the VPN client.
- Review the WPI resources requiring the VPN to access.
While remotely accessible versions of software are available, you may still need to download certain software to a personal device. As such, having a computer that meets the recommendations listed below would be optimal.
- Explore computer recommendations for new students.
Canvas is WPI's Learning Management System, providing a customized interface to course content, projects, and more.
- Ensure that you can access Canvas and your course(s) appear.
The WPI bookstore online search shows required and recommended course materials.
- Search for course materials and virtual textbooks
WPI provides options for individuals or groups to conduct a web conferences and remote meetings with others.
- Install Microsoft Teams which provides instant messaging, screen sharing, audio sharing, and video sharing.
- Install Zoom and login with your WPI credentials for video conferencing and webinars for courses, group meetings, and some university events.
Software and Research Resources
Academic and productivity software is installed on virtual machines and terminal servers. Many of these applications can be installed on personal machines as well.
- Search for software available at WPI, including details about versions and installation information.
- Access the Terminal Servers using your preferred remote desktop program. The servers enable use of many software applications without the need to install them.
The Library provides a variety of electronic resources to support your needs.
- Review library resources, including databases, guides, journals, etc.
- Explore the Global Lab's Canvas resources about developing videos, websites, photography, visuals, podcasts, and more.