The Non-Faculty Research Position Request Form must be completed to initiate hiring a paid Non-Faculty Research position at WPI. Before you begin completing this form:
- Confirm Funding - your cost center manager or Office of Sponsored Programs will need to confirm funding for your new position request. You may contact Sponsored Programs Accounting or visit Resources for WPI Researchers site.
- Create a job requisition under your NFR-JM supervisory organization.
- Check in with Vice Provost for Research Office if you have questions about salary, titles or sponsorship. Create your job ad under position description section.
- Attach the Non-Faculty Research Position Request Form under the attachments section when you create the job requisition. If this is not attached or information is missing, the job requisition will be returned to you to correct and complete.
- Screen, Evaluate, and “Disposition” Candidates
- Conduct Interviews, Campus Visits, etc.
- Perform Reference Checks
- Extend Offer to Candidate
Once an offer has been accepted, please allow up to two weeks from the initial job requisition posting for the hiring to be processed. Before an employee can begin employment at WPI, there are many steps and business processes along the way that require approvals. Please check with your next approver to make sure the process is flowing swiftly.View Business Process Event History
Non-Faculty Research Position Titles and Descriptions