Follow the general process below for steps to complete to hire a new staff member.
Hire New Staff Process
- Coordinate with Department Head to receive approval for position
- Submit a Position Justification Request Form to Talent & Inclusion
Work in concert with the Dean's Office to secure final approval of the Job Description and send to
- Create Job Requisition in Workday
- Create Search Committee in Workday (if needed)
- Screen, Evaluate, and "Disposition" Candidates
- Conduct Interviews, Campus Visits, etc.
- Perform Reference Checks
- Extend Offer to Candidate
Once an offer has been accepted, please allow up to two weeks from the initial job requisition posting for the hiring to be processed. Before an employee can begin employment at WPI, there are many steps and business processes along the way that require approvals. Please check with your next approver to make sure the process is flowing swiftly.View Business Process Event History