Welcome to WPI! Please use this new hire checklist as a guide to walk you through your onboarding process and completing items within their designated timeline period.
You will receive your WPI account credentials in an email sent to the address you provided in your employment application. You will use this information to reset your password, setup multi-factor authentication and access your WPI email, the employee portal for Workday, and additional WPI software applications. When you receive your WPI Account, you will no longer need to use the candidate home account in Workday. In your employee portal for Workday, you will have a notification to enter your personal information and contact details. At this point, you should change your primary email address to your WPI email and begin to check it regularly.
For help with your WPI Account
and WPI email, contact the IT
Service Desk at 508-831-5888
Before Your First Day
- Complete your onboarding business process tasks in Workday (Can only be done on a computer)
- Review forms as part of onboarding
You will have an opportunity to complete the following tasks prior to your first day once you have been set up with access to your Workday account:
- Enter personal information and contact details
- Edit Government IDs
- Enter emergency contacts
- Enter veteran status identification
- Enter Disability Self-Identification
- Sign WPI Confidentiality Agreement
- Complete Federal Withholding Elections
- Complete State and Local Withholding Elections
- Complete payment elections (direct deposit)
- Complete Form I-9 (complete within 3 business days)
- Enter Benefit Elections (within 30 days)
Task: COVID-19 and Campus Updates
- Review COVID-19 and Campus Updates
You will find the latest updates and guidelines for health and safety practices on campus, testing and vaccination requirements at WeAreWPI.
Your First Day and Week
- Complete your I-9 verification
Present I-9 Supporting Information (complete within 3 business days of your start date during orientation or in person at Talent & Inclusion Office, located in Boynton Hall, 2nd floor).
DOCUMENTS THAT DEMONSTRATE YOUR IDENTITY and YOUR ELIGIBILITY to work in the United States to meet legal requirements of the Immigration and Reform Control Act MUST be presented during orientation with Talent & Inclusion within three days of employment.
Task: New Employee Orientation
- New Employee Orientation
If you are a benefit-eligible employee, you will be automatically scheduled to attend a new employee orientation during your first day of employment. A confirmation will be sent to your WPI email address or personal email address. If you do not receive the email prior to your first day, please contact Talent & Inclusion at 508-831-5470.
New employee orientation provides an introduction to WPI and important information about its history and culture; policies and procedures; services and resources available to employees; workplace protection; health, retirement, and voluntary benefits; and more.
Task: Technology Orientation
- Technology Orientation
New employee orientation will include technology orientation to provide overview on information security, setting up your WPI credentials, WPI applications and support as well as mail and calendars, and access to Workday and Microsoft teams. You can find more information on the WPI Hub for New Employee Resources.
Task: ID Card
- Request for new WPI ID card
instructions and submit request to ID Services office at
Task: Parking Permit
- Obtain your parking permit (if applicable)
You can apply for a no-cost employee parking permit with the WPI Police Department by submitting your request through the WPI Police Parking Portal.
Task: Employee Benefits
- Review Employee Benefits and Policies Manual
You can find our Employee Handbook on the Talent & Inclusion Website for details on employment guidelines.
Task: WPI Alerts
- Register for WPI's emergency communication
Learn more about WPI Alert System to sign up for WPI Alerts.
Task: Setup Voicemail
- Initialize voicemail for campus phone extension
Follow instruction to Initialize Voicemail
Task: Workday New Employee Checklist
- View Workday New Employee Checklist
You can review the Workday Checklist for New Employees on the WPI Hub.
Within Your First 30 Days
Task: WPI Policy Review
- Review WPI Policies
You can review the list of WPI Policies that protects the integrity of our mission, reputation and operations; promote compliance with laws and regulations; and support the management of institutional risks.
Review WPI’s Remote and Flexible (FlexWork) Work Policy for updates and procedures.
Task: Supervisor Check In
- Contact your supervisor
Contact your supervisor to begin your department=level orientation and to complete your final onboarding steps. Your supervisor will review department practices and procedures for:
- Performance expectations
- Safety & emergency procedures
- Relevant work policies
- Office culture
- Office/desk supplies
- Building/office access
- Business cards
Your supervisor will ensure you complete your required training in WPI Learning Academy:
- Title IX for Higher Education
- Preventing Bullying and Violence
- Privacy and Information Security
- WPI Data Classification and Usage Policy
- WPI Information Security Awareness
- Harassment Prevention for Employees - Higher Education Edition
Additional training may be required based upon your position/job.
Task: Benefit Selection
- Benefit Selection (if applicable)
Ensure to review and enroll in your benefit elections within 30 days in your Workday account.
- Review Time off (leave)
Your supervisor will review department procedure for how to process attendance, and the notification of time off for planned/unplanned absences
- WPI applications, calls, and network/shared drives
Your supervisor should request to have you added to any applicable WPI applications i.e., Canvas, phone calls, shared networks, and calendars.